Recording cost data for an E-Journals / Databases dataset
Via the command bar
To record data to a dataset, click on Record Data in the command bar. This will take you to the default dataset selected in your account's settings. If you are currently viewing the Analyze page for a dataset, however, it will take you to that same dataset's Record Data page instead.
Via the homepage
In the Shortcuts box, select a dataset from the Record Data To dropdown.
Via the Datasets page
Click on a dataset's Record Data () button in the Actions column.
Selecting a platform
All of the data for your e-resources are managed at the platform level.
- To begin adding or managing your usage and cost data, click on the platform's Add Records () button in the Actions column.
- If you would like to clear out all of the data for a platform, click on its Empty this Platform () button in the Actions column. This will completely delete all data from the platform, so be careful!
Entering aggregate annual cost data
When you provide cost data for a platform, you will be able to analyze cost-per-use statistics when analyzing your dataset. There are two ways you can add cost data, the first of which is to enter an annual total. When entering data with this method, data is organized by calendar year. For accurate statistics, be sure to enter calendar year totals for each platform.
- Click on the Cost Data tab.
- Click on the Enter Annual Cost panel to expand it.
- By default, the previous 10 years will display. To enter data prior to those dates, use the Select Year field to select a different year and click the Apply button.
- Years that are lacking cost data will display "Click to edit" in the cell. Double-click on a cell to edit it.
- A text field will appear in the cell. Enter your cost data and press Enter to save it.
- Enter only numbers and decimals.
- Do not include currency symbols or commas.
Adding individual invoices
As an alternative to entering yearly totals, you can add your cost data by entering individual invoices. With each invoice, you can define the coverage and the total invoice amount. If your invoice is broken down by resource, then you can also record the cost for each one individually.
Adding a new invoice
- Click on the Manage Invoices panel to expand it.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Enter the invoice date.
- For the Invoice Coverage field, select the start and end dates for subscription.
- In the Unique Identifier field, enter a unique reference for the invoice. This could be something like an invoice number, purchase order number, etc.
- Enter the invoice amount (using numbers and decimals only).
- Optionally, you can record the company or organization you purchased the resource from in the Purchased From field.
- You can also include optional notes about this invoice, as well.
- If you have a digital copy of the invoice or any accompanying files, you can upload those as attachments. (Each file must be 18 MB or less.)
- Click the Save button. See the next section for info on adding invoice details for individual titles.
Adding & removing invoice details
- In the Search Title field, enter the title of the journal or database that you want to record.
- This will search for titles that were added to the platform when uploading JR1 and DB1 reports.
- An auto-suggest list will appear as you type, providing the first 25 results that match all of your search terms.
- Click on a title in the auto-suggest list to use it. Otherwise, continue typing to add a new title.
- In the Add Cost field, enter the line item cost for that title (use numbers and decimals only).
- Click the Add Details to Invoice button.
- To edit the cost of an invoice detail, just double-click on its current cost (a text field will appear), enter the new value, and press Enter.
- If you need to remove an invoice detail, click on its Delete Invoice Detail () button in the Actions column.
- To add an attachment to an invoice (such as a PDF copy), click on the Add link in the Attachment column. (Maximum file size is 18 MB.)
- This will take you to the Edit Invoice page, where you can upload the attachment.
- To edit an invoice and its invoice details, click on the Edit Invoice () button in the Actions column.
- To create a copy of an invoice, click on the Copy Invoice () button in the Actions column. This can be a real time saver if your invoices have the same basic info year after year.
- Note: this will only copy the invoice information -- not the invoice details for specific titles.
- To delete an invoice, click on the Delete Invoice () button in the Actions column. This will permanently delete the invoice, its invoice details, and its attachments, so be careful!