To create a new dataset, go to Admin > Manage Datasets and click the Add New Dataset button.
1. Select Dataset Type
- Select ILL from the dataset type dropdown.
- Click the Next >> button to continue.
2. Describe Dataset
- Give your dataset a name.
- Optionally, add a brief description to help explain the purpose of the dataset (up to 255 characters).
- If you'd like to copy the ILL categories from an existing ILL dataset, select it from the Copy Categories From dropdown.
- Select the recording mode you'd like to use for this dataset.
- Manual Entry: select this option if you prefer to enter your data manually via the Record Data page.
- File Upload: select this option if you prefer to upload data from a CSV or Excel file.
- Click on the Next >> button to continue. At this point, your new dataset will be created. The following steps will allow you to configure it.
3. Define Permissions
- Who can define metadata and administer this dataset: this determines who can manage this dataset. By default, all admin users have this permission. However, you can select one or more regular-level users, as well. To select multiple users, press CTRL and click on their names. Each user with this permission will also be able to add and analyze records, as well.
- Who can add records to this dataset: this determines which users can add new records to the dataset. By default, all admin users have this permission. However, you can select one or more regular-level users, as well. To select multiple users, press CTRL and click on their names. This does not automatically give users the ability to analyze records.
- Who can use this dataset in analysis and dashboards: this determines who has the ability to analyze this dataset and use it in dashboards. By default, all admin users have this permission. However, you can select one or more regular-level users, as well. To select multiple users, press CTRL and click on their names.
- Click the Next >> button to continue. You can always edit this dataset later to modify your permissions.
4. Set Up ILL Categories
By default, you can record data for articles and loans by their status: filled, in process, cancelled, and submitted. However, you can also create categories to track additional stats, including:
- Cancelled requests: this allows you to track common reasons requests were cancelled. For example, you could create categories for "In use on loan", "Not on shelf", "Lost/Missing", etc.
- Partner institutions: by adding important partner institutions, you can easily track your borrowing and lending within your consortia, or libraries you have reciprocal agreements with.
- Click on the Add New Categories button.
- Select the process type (borrowing, lending, or both) these categories will apply to.
- Select the request type these categories will be used for.
- Cancelled requests: the categories you add will be available for tracking reasons why requests were cancelled.
- Partner institutions: the categories you add will be available for tracking borrowing/lending from partner institutions.
- Enter the names for your categories in the text fields.
- Click the Add Categories button.
- Click on the Cancelled Requests tab to manage your cancelled request categories.
- Click on the Partner Institutions tab to manage your partner institution categories.
- To edit a category, click on the Edit () button in the Actions column.
- To delete a category, click on the Delete () button in the Actions column. Be careful: this will permanently delete the category and its data.