Add and manage a workflow form's stages and notifications
Each form submission is designed to be moved through different stages of your workflow. For example, for a job application, you may have stages like:
- New Application: this is the initial stage for all new submissions.
- Selected for Interview: if a person has been selected for an interview, then you could move the submission to this stage.
- Approved for Hire: if someone is hired, then you could move the submission to this stage.
- Rejected: if someone's submission was reviewed, but that person is not moving ahead in the process, then you could move it to this stage.
For each stage of your workflow, you can choose to notify one or more users. This can be helpful if particular staff are responsible for reviewing a submission at each stage: when a submission is moved to that stage, an email will be sent to those staff members with a link to review the submission. (A person must have a LibStaffer user account in order to receive notifications.)
Adding a new stage
- Go to Admin > Workflow Forms and click on a form's edit () icon in the Actions column.
- Click on the Workflow Settings tab.
- In the Forms Stages box, click on the Add Stage button.
- In the Add Stage window, give this stage a name in the Stage Name field.
- From the Notify dropdown, you can optionally select one or more users to receive an email notification when a submission reaches this stage.
- Click on a user to add or remove them from the notification list. (Please note that a person must have a LibStaffer user account to receive a notification.)
- Selected users will have a checkmark next to their names.
- Click the Save button.
Editing and deleting stages
In the Form Stages box:
- To rename a stage, make your changes in its text field. Then click its Save button.
- To change who receives email notifications for a stage, use its Notify dropdown to add or remove users. Then click its Save button.
- To delete a stage, click on its trash can () button.
- This will only delete the stage from your form -- it will not delete any submissions.
- Any submission currently in that stage will be unassigned. These will appear in your Submissions Explorer with an empty Stage column.
- You will need to manually review each of those submissions to reassign them to other stages.
- Click on the Reorder Stages button at the bottom of the Form Stages box.
- In the Re-order Stages window, click, drag, and drop fields into new positions, as needed.
- Click on the Update Order button.