If your library subscribes to LibCal and you are using it to manage your library's opening hours, you can integrate a library or department's hours with your LibStaffer schedules. When enabled for a schedule, you'll see that library or department's hours when adding and editing your shifts, and on the calendar view for the schedule when the overlay is enabled. This can help you avoid creating shifts during times that your location is closed (though you will still be able to create and assign shifts that fall outside of your LibCal open hours, if needed).
Before you begin
If you are not an Admin for your LibCal system, you will need to work with them on setting up the appropriate hours in LibCal (if they're not already).
- You'll need at least one library added to your Hours module, though you can select from any library or department.
- The LibCal library or department you want to integrate with your LibStaffer schedule needs to have current hours. If a library or department does not have a weekly hours template applied for the date of a shift, you will not see any hours display in LibStaffer.
- Don't forget to keep your hours up-to-date in LibCal to ensure you're seeing accurate times in LibStaffer. This includes adding exceptions to a library/department for things like holiday hours.
Integrate LibCal Hours with a schedule
Admin users can enable the LibCal hours integration for a schedule. Each schedule can integrate with a separate library or department, if needed. For example, if you have an Interlibrary Loan department in LibCal you could integrate that with your ILL schedule in LibStaffer.
- Log into LibStaffer and go to Admin > Schedules Settings.
- Click on the edit () icon for the schedule you want to integrate with LibCal.
- On the Schedules Settings page, click on the LibCal Integration tab.
- In the LibCal Opening Hours box, select the LibCal Library/Department you want to integrate with from the dropdown.
- Click the Save button.
Overlay LibCal open hours on a schedule
- Click on Schedules from the command bar.
- Note: The default schedule set in your account, will be displayed on the Schedules page when you navigate there.
- Select the schedule you want to view from the Schedule for dropdown.
- Click on the Overlay LibCal Opening Hours () button. The hours will display in dark green.
- Note: The Overlay LibCal Opening Hours button will not display if the schedule does not have the integration enabled.