If you can no longer work an upcoming shift (and your schedule allows it), you can drop yourself from a scheduled shift. Please note that this does immediately remove you from the shift. A schedule admin will be responsible for finding a replacement for the now unassigned shift.
Note: schedule admins that have enabled the Dropped Shift Admin alert for their account will be notified by email or SMS of any dropped shifts.
To drop a shift:
- While on the dashboard, click the Drop button for the shift in the My Upcoming Shifts tab.
- If the option to select a replacement for your shift has been enabled for the schedule, you can optionally select a user from the Assign Shift to dropdown.
- The user that is selected to fill the shift will be listed in the Drop Shifts report.
- If no replacement is selected, admins (that have the Dropped Shift Admin alert enabled) will be alerted of the drop.
- Add an optional note in the Note/Email Message text box. The note will be included alongside the shift details in the alert that is sent to schedule admins (that have the Dropped Shift Admin alert enabled).
- Click Drop Shift to confirm that you want to unassign yourself from the selected shift.