Before you begin creating schedules and adding shifts, you'll want to make sure that you set the correct time zone for your location. This will ensure that shifts start and end at the correct times, shifts sync correctly with Outlook/Google Calendar, etc.
It's also a good idea to configure which day (Sunday or Monday) your work week starts, as this is used when calculating each staff member's maximum weekly/monthly hours.
While managing these settings, you can also customize the format of dates and times, as well.
To manage your Date & Time Settings:
- Go to Admin > System Settings.
- Under the System Settings tab, go to the Date & Time Settings panel.
- Use the Time Zone dropdown to select the region/city closest to your location. This will determine your local time zone (i.e. selecting America/New_York would set LibStaffer to U.S. Eastern Time).
- Use the System Date Format dropdown to customize how dates are displayed throughout LibStaffer (i.e. YYYY-MM-DD, DD/MM/YYYY, etc.).
- Use the System Time Format dropdown to customize how times are displayed throughout LibStaffer (i.e. 24-hour or 12-hour formats).
- Use the Week Starts dropdown to choose which day of the week (Sunday-Saturday) your work week begins (again, this is used when calculating each staff member's maximum weekly/monthly hours).
- Click the Save button.