Add a new user account to LibStaffer
Before you can start scheduling a staff member in LibStaffer, you must first create a user account for them. Once their account has been created, you can then add them to a schedule's roster and start assigning them to shifts. They will also be able to sign into LibStaffer to view their scheduled shifts, swap or give up shifts, and request time off.
User account levels
There are three different account levels in LibStaffer.
- Admin users can manage all schedules, shifts, user accounts, and system settings. They are also able to be added to schedules and assigned to shifts.
- Regular users can be added to schedules and assigned to shifts, which is ideal for most staff. For each schedule, an admin can elevate regular users to serve as admins just for that schedule. This would allow them to create, assign, and manage shifts, shift swaps, and time off for just that schedule -- not the entire system.
- Inactive users cannot log into LibStaffer, but will continue to display in your historic reports so you retain accurate data on their work history. This is ideal for former employees.
The table below summarizes the permissions available at each account level.
|Permission||Admin Users||Regular Users||Inactive Users|
|Sign into LibStaffer||Yes||Yes||No|
|Manage system settings & user accounts||Yes||No||No|
|Create schedules & manage schedule settings||Yes||No||No|
|Create, assign, & manage shifts||Yes, all schedules||Yes, but only if made a schedule's admin||No|
|Mediate shift swaps & time off requests (if required)||Yes, all schedules||Yes, but only if made a schedule's admin||No|
|Generate reports||Yes||Yes, but only if made a schedule's admin||No|
|Swap shifts with other users (if enabled)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Give up shifts (if enabled)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Claim open shifts (if enabled)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Submit time off requests||Yes||Yes, if enabled by admin||No|
Creating a new account
- Go to Admin > Accounts.
- Click on the Create New Account tab.
- Enter the user's email address.
- Click the Look-up Account button.
- If the user already has a LibApps account under that email address, then their name will automatically be imported. Otherwise, enter their First Name and Last Name.
- Select the User Level to assign to this account.
- Enter the Maximum Hours per Week that this user can work.
- Enter the Maximum Hours per Month that this user can work.
- Optionally, you can take the opportunity to assign this user to one or more schedules. Just click on the Assign User to Schedules dropdown and choose the appropriate schedules. You can always change this later in your schedule settings.
- Optionally, you can choose to make one of those schedules the user's default. When they click on Schedules in the command bar, that will be the schedule that initially displays.
- Click the Create Account button.