In This Article
Set the minimum or maximum hours a user can work
Each user has a limit to the number of hours they can work each week and each month. When assigning shifts, users will appear unavailable if the shift would put them over these weekly or monthly totals. Similarly, Auto Scheduler will not assign users to a shift if it would cause them to exceed their maximum hours for the week or month.
Additionally, you can set the minimum hours that a user should work per week. By setting a minimum hours per week value, the Auto Scheduler will not assign the user to extra shifts once they work that amount. You can also opt to manually override this limit when running the Auto Scheduler.
Users will also be unable to swap or pick up shifts if the shifts would cause them to exceed their limits.
To change a user's maximum daily, weekly and monthly hours and their minimum per week:
- Go to Admin > Accounts.
- Under the Manage Accounts tab, click on the Edit () icon in the Actions column for the user you want to edit.
- Under the Manage Account tab, enter the Maximum Hours per Day this user can work.
- Enter the Minimum Hours per Week this user should work.
- Enter the Maximum Hours per Week this user can work.
- Enter the Maximum Hours per Month this user can work.
- Click the Save button.