LibStaffer allows you to add holidays that will be displayed on every schedule and when assigning staff to a shift on a holiday. This can help remind staff of upcoming dates when your library may be closed. Holidays are excluded when using the Auto Scheduler function, though admins do have the ability to manually assign shifts on those days. As you are adding and managing the holidays in your system, you should consider recycling the holidays each year by editing them to update their dates, so as to keep down on the number of holidays are listed in your site.
Adding a holiday
- Go to Admin > Holidays.
- Click on the Add Holiday button.
- On the Add Holiday modal, select the Date of the holiday.
- Give the holiday a Name/Title.
- Click the Save button.
- To edit a holiday, click on its Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- Consider recycling rather than recreating your holidays.
- Once a holiday has passed, simply edit it and change it to next year's date.
- To delete a holiday, click on its Delete () icon in the Actions column.