Splitting a shift
If enabled for your schedule, you will have the option of splitting an assigned shift. This can be helpful, for example, if you can only work part of a shift and need to swap or give up the other portion. When you split a shift, you will be able to choose the duration for each part (e.g. if you have a 3 hour shift, you could split it into a 2 hour shift and a 1 hour shift). Once split, you can then swap or give up just the portion you need.
Split a shift
- From your LibStaffer homepage, locate the shift you want to swap in your My Upcoming Shifts list.
- Click on the Split button.
- Don't see this button? Then your schedule admin has not enabled shift splitting for your schedule.
- In the Split Shift window, select the new end time for the first of the two shifts. The times for the second shift will be automatically calculated.
- Click the Split Shift button.
- The shift will be split in two based upon your selected times.
- You will remain assigned to both portions until you either give up or swap one or both.