By default, the questions in your quiz will display in the same order as they're arranged in the workpad. However, if you'd like the questions to display in a different order each time a user takes the quiz, you can randomize them.
- When enabled, basic and multiple-choice fields will be randomized by default. However, you can customize which individual fields should be randomized. If a field is not selected, it will display in the same position as it displays in your quiz's workpad.
- If your quiz has multiple pages, you have the option to randomize questions across the entire quiz, or just within the same page. For example, if you choose to randomize across the quiz, a question on Page 3 could appear on Page 1. But, if you choose to randomize within the same page, the questions on Page 3 will remain on that page, but in a randomized order (ditto for the other pages).
- For graded quizzes that display the results on the Thank You screen, users will see their results in the order in which they appeared when they took the quiz. The same goes for email notifications, as well. However, in your quiz's report, the questions will appear in the same order as they're arranged in the workpad.
Enable question randomization
- While editing your quiz, click on the Quiz Options tab.
- Click on the Quiz Options panel to expand it.
- Select the Randomize Quiz Questions checkbox.
- Choose your preferred Randomization Type.
- Randomize across quiz: questions will be randomized across all pages of your quiz (e.g. a question on Page 3 could appear on Page 1).
- Randomize within page: if you have multiple pages in your quiz, questions will remain on the same page but display in a random order (e.g. a question on Page 3 would not appear on other pages).
- If you would like to include or exclude fields from being randomized, click the Custom Randomization button.
- By default, basic and multiple-choice fields will be included in randomization.
- However, you can add or remove any field, including utility and submitter fields.
- If a field is not included, it will display in the same position as it's arranged in the workpad.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Include or exclude fields from being randomized
When question randomization is enabled, you can choose which questions to display in a random order. By default, all basic and multiple-choice fields will be included. However, you can add or remove any field from the workpad.
- With question randomization enabled for your quiz, click on the Custom Randomization button in the Quiz Options panel.
- In the Custom Randomization window, use the checkboxes next to each field to choose which fields to randomize.
- Checked fields will be randomized.
- Unchecked fields will display in the same position as they appear in your quiz's workpad.
- Click the Save button.