A progress bar can help your users know how close they are to completing your quiz. The progress bar can be customized to include text reflecting the percent or number of questions completed, and can be positioned either at the top of bottom of the quiz.
To enable and customize the progress bar:
- While editing your quiz, click on the Quiz Options tab.
- Click on the Look and Feel panel to expand it.
- Select the Display Progress Bar checkbox.
- For the Position option, choose whether to display the progress bar at the Bottom or Top of the quiz.
- Use the Display Progress as dropdown to customize how the user's progress is represented.
- # of Questions: progress will be displayed based on the number of questions completed vs. the total number of questions in the quiz (i.e. "2 out of 10").
- % (percent): progress will be displayed as the percentage completed (i.e. "50% complete").
- Page: if your quiz is divided by page breaks, progress will be displayed by the number of pages completed (i.e. "Page 1 of 3").
- No Text (Progress Bar Only): this will not overlay any text over the status bar. Users will only see the progress bar itself, which will increase as the user completes questions.
- Click the Save Changes button.