Date & time fields are ideal for collecting individual dates (such as birth date) and times (such as an appointment time). Users can enter a date/time using the built-in date and time pickers, or manually enter them in the formats you choose.
- Short Name: a label for your question as it appears on the workpad and in your reports. This does not display on the public form or survey.
- Question Text: the text label that appears on your form or survey. Use the rich text editor to add instructions or ask a question.
- Date Format: select the date format for your responses (e.g. MM/DD/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD, etc.)
- Date Range: select the allowed range of selectable dates on the calendar. If you want to set a date range restriction to only the 'From' date, keep the 'To' date value blank. If you want to set a date range restriction to only the 'To' date, keep the 'From' date value blank. If both values are blank, there will be no date restrictions on the date picker calendar.
- Time Format: select the time format for your responses. If you do not want to record a time, select "Not Used".
- Required: indicate whether or not this is a required field.
- Hidden: indicate whether or not to hide this field when the survey or form is loaded. A field rule can be used to unhide this based upon responses in another field.
Answer properties (quizzes & tutorials only)
- Answer: enter the correct answers for this question. Leave this blank if you do not want to grade this question.
- Require correct answer to continue?: select this option if a user must provide the correct answer in order to continue the quiz or tutorial.
- Display correct/wrong messages?: when this option is selected, text in the If Correct textarea will display when the user answers the question correctly, while text in the If Wrong textarea will display if the user answers the question incorrectly.
- Group ID: field groups allow you to show or hide multiple fields at once using field rules.
- To add a new group, click the Add Group button, give the group a name, and save.
- Otherwise, choose an existing group from the dropdown menu.
- CSS: you can customize the appearance of this field by adding CSS code. Enter only the CSS properties (such as
color: red;); do not add selectors or
- Reporting: choose whether or not you want the field to display in your form or survey's data report and how you want it to appear.
- Width: enter how wide you want this field's column to display in your report's data table. Enter the number of pixels you want to use. To automatically size the column, enter 0 (zero) or leave the field blank.
- Display this column in table?: select this option to include the field in your report's data table.
- Allow wrap in table display?: select this option if you want to allow text in this column to wrap in your report's data table.