Radio fields are ideal for multiple-choice questions in which only one answer can be selected (such as patron status). Unlike dropdown fields, all options display on the page at once and users can select their choice using the corresponding radio button.
- Field Type: leave this option on "Radio". (You can switch this to "Checkbox" or "Dropdown" at any time.)
- Short Name: a label for your question as it appears on the workpad and in your reports. This does not display on the public form or survey.
- Question Text: the text label that appears on your form or survey. Use the rich text editor to add instructions or ask a question.
- Choices: this is where you can list the available options for this field.
- Rename an option using the text fields.
- Click on the checkbox next to an option to make it the default.
- Click on the Add Row button to insert a new option.
- Click on the Remove () icon next to an option to remove it.
- Click and drag on an option's Reorder () icon to change its position in the list.
- Display Mode: you can customize the alignment of the radio button options.
- Vertical (1 column): this will display all options in a single vertical column.
- Vertical (2 columns): this will divide the options into 2 vertical columns.
- Vertical (3 columns): this will divide the options into 3 vertical columns.
- Horizontal: this will display all options in a single row.
- Sorting of choices: this allows you to control how the options are sorted.
- As is: this will display the options in the exact order they appear in the field's Display Properties.
- Alphabetical: this will display the options in ascending alphabetical order.
- Randomize: this will display the options in a random order.
- Add "Other" as a choice?: when enabled, this will allow users to select an option called "Other" and enter their own value in a text field.
- You can customize the name of the "Other" choice using the text field.
- You can also choose to display either a one-line text input field or a multi-line textarea input field.
- Required: indicate whether or not this is a required field.
- Hidden: indicate whether or not to hide this field when the survey or form is loaded. A field rule can be used to unhide this based upon responses in another field.
Answer properties (quizzes & tutorials only)
- Answer: list the correct answer for this question. Choose "Not Selected" if you do not want to grade this question.
- Require correct answer to continue?: select this option if a user must provide the correct answer in order to continue the quiz or tutorial.
- Display individual feedback?: when this option is selected, you can display a unique message for each answer option. When a user selects an option, its custom feedback message will display on screen.
- Display correct/wrong messages?: when this option is selected, text in the If Correct textarea will display when the user answers the question correctly, while text in the If Wrong textarea will display if the user answers the question incorrectly.
- Group ID: field groups allow you to show or hide multiple fields at once using field rules.
- To add a new group, click the Add Group button, give the group a name, and save.
- Otherwise, choose an existing group from the dropdown menu.
- CSS: you can customize the appearance of this field by adding CSS code. Enter only the CSS properties (such as
color: red;); do not add selectors or
- Reporting: choose whether or not you want the field to display in your form or survey's data report and how you want it to appear.
- Width: enter how wide you want this field's column to display in your report's data table. Enter the number of pixels you want to use. To automatically size the column, enter 0 (zero) or leave the field blank.
- Display this column in table?: select this option to include the field in your report's data table.
- Allow wrap in table display?: select this option if you want to allow text in this column to wrap in your report's data table.