What are the privacy notification and submission notice?
The privacy notification can be positioned either at the top of bottom of the page, depending upon your preference.
The optional data submission notification helps you alert your patrons to what personal information you collect. This gives you an opportunity to let your patrons know why you collect particular data on forms, what that data is used for, etc.
Enable and customize privacy notifications
You can present users with two types of notifications:
- The Privacy Notification is a banner on your public pages that explains to your patrons what information is collected when they visit pages in this site.
- The Data Submission Notices inform patrons about the data you collect from them when submitting a form, survey, quiz, or tutorial, and why it's required.
Admin users can enable and customize these notifications by doing the following:
- Go to Admin > System Settings.
- Click on the Privacy Notifications tab.
- Select the Enable Privacy Statement Displays checkbox to enable and position the privacy notice.
- Use the Position option to display the notification at either the top or bottom of each page.
- In the Customize Banner Text box, enter the text that you would like to display in the alert that displays at the top or bottom of the page.
- As you customize the text, a Revert to Default button will display below the text area. Click this to restore the default banner text at any time.
- In the Customize Privacy Statement Link Text, enter the text for the link that displays your full privacy statement (e.g. "Read more" or "View privacy statement").
- If you do not want to link to your full privacy statement, leave this field blank.
- In the Customize Privacy Statement box, enter your message in the text area field. This is what will display in the body of the modal window that appears when clicking the privacy statement link text.
- As you customize the text, a Revert to Default button will display below the text area. Click this to restore the default privacy statement at any time.
- In the Data Submission Notices box, use the text fields to customize the text that displays in the data submission notification on public forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials.
- Leave this field blank if you do not want to display data submission notices.
- Click the Save button.