In This Article
The Email field allows you to record the submitter's email address. These fields are masked, which means users will be prompted to enter email addresses in a valid format. Note: if you also subscribe to LibCRM, data submitted in this field will be automatically captured.
- Short Name: a label for your question as it appears on the workpad and in your reports. This does not display on the public form or survey.
- Question Text: the text label that appears on your form or survey. Use the rich text editor to add instructions or ask a question.
- Answer Width: the width of the text field, as a percentage (e.g. 100%) or pixels (e.g. 500px).
- Default Value: you can set a default value that appears in the field when the survey or form is loaded.
- Max Input Length: you can limit the number of characters allowed in the response. Set to 0 (zero) or leave blank if you don't want to set a character limit.
- Domain Restrictions: you can set this field to only accept email addresses from certain domain names. Enter each domain with the @ sign, separating multiple domains with a space (e.g.
@yourlibrary.org @yourschool.edu). Leave this field blank if you do not want to restrict by domain name.
- Required: indicate whether or not this is a required field.
- Hidden: indicate whether or not to hide this field when the survey or form is loaded. A field rule can be used to unhide this based upon responses in another field.
- Group ID: field groups allow you to show or hide multiple fields at once using field rules.
- To add a new group, click the Add Group button, give the group a name, and save.
- Otherwise, choose an existing group from the dropdown menu.
- CSS: you can customize the appearance of this field by adding CSS code. Enter only the CSS properties (such as
color: red;); do not add selectors or
- Reporting: choose whether or not you want the field to display in your form or survey's data report and how you want it to appear.
- Width: enter how wide you want this field's column to display in your report's data table. Enter the number of pixels you want to use. To automatically size the column, enter 0 (zero) or leave the field blank.
- Display this column in table?: select this option to include the field in your report's data table.
- Allow wrap in table display?: select this option if you want to allow text in this column to wrap in your report's data table.