In This Article
The Phone field allows you to record the submitter's phone number. These fields are masked, which means users will be prompted to enter phone numbers in the format of your choice. Note: if you also subscribe to LibCRM, data submitted in this field will be automatically captured.
- Short Name: a label for your question as it appears on the workpad and in your reports. This does not display on the public form or survey.
- Question Text: the text label that appears on your form or survey. Use the rich text editor to add instructions or ask a question.
- Sublabel: allows you to add a brief description below the input field.
- Answer Width: the width of the text field, as a percentage (e.g. 100%) or pixels (e.g. 500px).
- Default Value: you can set a default value that appears in the field when the survey or form is loaded.
- Max Input Length: you can limit the number of characters allowed in the response. Set to 0 (zero) or leave blank if you don't want to set a character limit.
- Mask: this allows you to prompt users to enter phone numbers in a particular format.
- The default format is (999)999-9999. That would prompt users to enter a number such as (555)-867-5309.
- To customize this, enter a "9" to represent a number and use parentheses and hyphens to separate the numbers.
- For example, 999-999-9999 would prompt users to enter a number such as 555-867-5309.
- Or, you could use +1-999-999-9999. This would record the country code "+1" with every phone number. For example: +1-555-867-5309.
- Input Must Match Mask: when selected, the user must input the phone number in the format specified by the mask.
- Required: indicate whether or not this is a required field.
- Hidden: indicate whether or not to hide this field when the survey or form is loaded. A field rule can be used to unhide this based upon responses in another field.
- Group ID: field groups allow you to show or hide multiple fields at once using field rules.
- To add a new group, click the Add Group button, give the group a name, and save.
- Otherwise, choose an existing group from the dropdown menu.
- CSS: you can customize the appearance of this field by adding CSS code. Enter only the CSS properties (such as
color: red;); do not add selectors or
- Reporting: choose whether or not you want the field to display in your form or survey's data report and how you want it to appear.
- Width: enter how wide you want this field's column to display in your report's data table. Enter the number of pixels you want to use. To automatically size the column, enter 0 (zero) or leave the field blank.
- Display this column in table?: select this option to include the field in your report's data table.
- Allow wrap in table display?: select this option if you want to allow text in this column to wrap in your report's data table.