Ranking fields allow users to rank a list of options in order. Each option in your ranking field can be order either by selecting a ranking from a dropdown, or by dragging and dropping the option into the desired order. Please note that these fields are only available in surveys, quizzes, and tutorials.
- Short Name: a label for your question as it appears on the workpad and in your reports. This does not display on the public form or survey.
- Question Text: the text label that appears on your form or survey. Use the rich text editor to add instructions or ask a question.
- Choices: these are the available options that you want users to rank.
- Rename an option using the text fields.
- Click on the Add Row button to insert a new option.
- Click on the Remove () icon next to an option to remove it.
- Click and drag on an row's Reorder () icon to change its position in the list.
- Sorting of choices: choose how you want the list of choices to display on the public page.
- As is: the choices will display in the same order in which they appear in the Choices list.
- Alphabetically: the list of choices will be displayed in alphabetical order.
- Randomize: the list of choices will be displayed in a random order each time the page is visited.
- Required: indicate whether or not this is a required field.
- Hidden: indicate whether or not to hide this field when the public page is loaded. A field rule can be used to unhide this based upon responses in another field.
Answer properties (quizzes & tutorials only)
- Answer: select how you want the field to be graded.
- Not selected: this field will not be graded.
- Same as choices order: the user's rankings must match the order of the Choices that you've set under the Display Properties tab.
- Custom: this allows you to manually set the correct ranking order. When selected, the field's options will display in the Select Answer area. Rank the options using either the dropdown menus or by dragging & dropping them into the correct order.
- Require correct answer to continue?: select this option if a user must provide the correct answer in order to continue the quiz or tutorial.
- Display correct/wrong messages?: when this option is selected, text in the If Correct textarea will display when the user answers the question correctly, while text in the If Wrong textarea will display if the user answers the question incorrectly.
- Group ID: field groups allow you to show or hide multiple fields at once using field rules.
- To add a new group, click the Add Group button, give the group a name, and save.
- Otherwise, choose an existing group from the dropdown menu.
- CSS: you can customize the appearance of this field by adding CSS code. Enter only the CSS properties (such as
color: red;); do not add selectors or
- Reporting: choose whether or not you want the field to display in your form or survey's data report and how you want it to appear.
- Width: enter how wide you want this field's column to display in your report's data table. Enter the number of pixels you want to use. To automatically size the column, enter 0 (zero) or leave the field blank.
- Display this column in table?: select this option to include the field in your report's data table.
- Allow wrap in table display?: select this option if you want to allow text in this column to wrap in your report's data table.