Using field rules to jump to other fields
You can use field rules to jump to other fields in your survey or quiz. This is a really great way to skip past fields when that are not relevant to the user -- especially when you are using page breaks to organize your survey or quiz into sections.
Creating your field rule
Once you have your fields and page breaks laid out, you're ready to create your field rule.
- Click on the Add/Edit field rules button under the Fields tab.
- Click on the Add Rule button.
- For the If row:
- From the first dropdown, select the field that will trigger the field rule.
- From the second dropdown, select the logic to use.
- From the third dropdown, select the value that the user must select in that field to trigger the rule.
- For the Then row:
- Select Jump To from the first dropdown.
- From the second dropdown, select the field the user should be taken to.
- If your survey or quiz has a single page, then the page will simply scroll down to that field.
- If you are navigating to a field on a different page, then the user will skip past the pages in between.
- Save your changes.