Viewing a survey in Preview Mode
While viewing your survey in Preview Mode, you can:
- See exactly how your survey will look to the public, including your welcome screen, form fields, page breaks, and thank you screen.
- Try out field rules, file uploads, and other features.
- Test out look & feel, visibility, password, and other settings.
- Submit your survey and test out email notifications.
- Review your test submissions. While in Preview Mode, all submissions will be separated from your users' submission data.
Launching Preview Mode
- While editing your survey, click on the Preview button above the workpad.
Preview Mode features
When in Preview Mode, a green navigation bar will appear over the top of your survey. This not only lets you know you're in Preview Mode, but it also provides you with several options.
- If you have added page breaks to your survey, click on the Jump to Page button and select a page to view from the dropdown.
- Under the Options dropdown, you can choose to:
- Ignore Required questions. Selecting this option will allow you to submit your survey without having to fill in required fields.
- Show Hidden Fields. Selecting the option will allow you to view hidden fields, which is helpful if you have field rules in place.
- Click the Share/URL button to view your survey's embed code and public URL.
- Click the Preview Mode Reports button to view and analyze all of submissions made while in Preview Mode.
- All submissions made in Preview Mode are kept in a separate list in your survey's reports.
- You can use all of the same analysis reports on your preview data as you can your real data.
- Click on the close (close) button to exit Preview Mode. This will take you to the public view of your survey.