Each interactive tutorial has an optional Welcome Slide and Thank You Slide that can be displayed before users begin and once a user has submitted the tutorial. These slides are managed separately for each interactive tutorial.
The setup of the Thank You slide also includes options to automatically send the submission results to the email provided by the user, for users to retake the tutorial, and for users to view their grade/correct answers.
Customize the Welcome Slide
The Intro/Welcome Slide can be used to provide an introduction or instructions for completing and submitting the tutorial as well as to collect contact information (name, email, and/or phone number) for the submitter.
To add a customized Welcome Slide:
- While editing the interactive tutorial, click on the + Add "Welcome Slide" section at the top of the workpad.
- In the Welcome Message Text box, add your custom text using the rich text editor.
- If you would like to prompt users to enter their name before starting, activate the Include the Name field toggle.
- If you would like to prompt users to enter their email address before starting, activate the Include the Email field toggle.
- If you would like to prompt users to enter their phone number before starting, activate the Include the Phone field toggle.
- When active, you can adjust the label for the field and choose to make the field required.
- Data entered into this field will be recorded as part of the submission for the tutorial.
- Click the Save button.
Customize the Thank You Slide
Including a Thank You Screen message can be helpful if you want to acknowledge the user's feedback, let them know when to expect a response, or other useful information.
You can give them the option to request an email containing a copy of their submission. Once they submit the tutorial, they will be prompted to enter one or more email addresses to receive the notification (separate multiple email addresses with a comma). Otherwise, they can continue on to the end of the tutorial.
Additionally, you can choose to display their grade and the correct answers (if there were any question interactions with fields that had correct answers set for them).
To customize your tutorial's Thank You Slide:
- While editing your tutorial, click on the + Edit "Thank You Slide" / Display "Certificate of Completion" section in the Workpad.
- In the text box, use the rich text editor to add or edit your thank you message.
- Select the Email user the results of the form toggle to automatically send the patron the submission results to the email address provided in the selected field. If no field is selected—or if the user didn't fill out the chosen email field—they will be prompted to enter one or more email addresses (separated by a comma or space) to receive a copy of the submission while viewing the Thank You Screen.
- Select the Email field to which to send the submission results.
- Select the Display grade toggle to show the grade for any graded fields that were answered in the tutorial.
- When active you can use the Grade Display Type radio field to show the grade as a percentage or as a total correct/total graded questions value.
- Select the Display correct answers and patron answers table toggle to also show the correct answers and the user's responses on the page.
- Click the Save button.
- If you want to activate and configure a Certificate of Completion, you can do so by following these instructions.