Enable email notifications for new tutorial submissions
If you'd like to be notified whenever a user submits a tutorial, you can enable notifications to specific email addresses. When a user submits the tutorial, each of those email addresses will receive an email containing the user's responses and a link to view the submission in LibWizard. If the tutorial included a file upload field, a link to the uploaded file will also be included.
To set up email notifications for a tutorial:
- While editing your tutorial, go to the Tutorial Options tab.
- Click on the Submission Behavior panel to expand it.
- Note: this screenshot shows options for a standalone tutorial.
- If you're working on an embedded tutorial, they have fewer options under Submission Behavior, so you'll only see the option for the Email Notify field.
- In the Email Notify text box, enter the email address(es) that should receive notifications. Separate multiple addresses with a single space.
- Click the Advanced Email Settings button to customize the Reply-To behavior for the email notifications, or set up conditional email notifications based upon one of your dropdown, checkbox, or rating fields.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Tip: to prevent these emails from landing in your spam folder, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
If you would like to customize/add a Reply-To address for the submission notification emails for the tutorial, you can choose from of the following options under the Email Reply-To tab:
- Disabled: if the email recipient hits reply, the email's TO: field will be email@example.com and no message will be sent.
- Fixed Reply-To: allows you to set a fixed/specific email address to be set as the Reply-To email for the submission notification. If the recipient hits reply, the email's TO: field will be populated with the address set here.
- Dynamic Reply-To: allows you to select an Email field that is present within the tutorial (note: at least one Email field must exist in the tutorial) to dynamically set the Reply-To value based on the email address submitted for the field. If the recipient hits reply, the email's TO: field will be populated with the address submitted in the selected field.
The Conditional to option determines who will receive an email notification based upon a user's response to a specific dropdown, checkbox, or radio question. For example, you could add a radio field to a contact form asking users to select what their inquiry is about. If they were to select "Library fines", then that could send a notification to your circulation manager when the form is submitted. But if it's about a purchase recommendation, then a notification could be sent to your acquisitions manager, instead.
- In the Advanced Email Notification Settings window, click on the Conditional To tab.
- To enable conditional notifications, select the Dynamic To Based on User Input radio button.
- From the Use this field as if condition dropdown, select the dropdown, checkbox, or rating field you want to use for your conditions. The user's selection for this question is what determines who receives an email notification.
- Below the dropdown, the field's options will be displayed. For each one, enter the email address of the person who should be notified when that option is selected.
- For example, if the first option is "Circulation", enter the email address of your circulation manager.
- You can enter multiple email addresses for each option. Simply separate each one with a space (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click the Save button.
You can disable the conditional notifications at any time by returning to these settings, selecting the Disabled radio button, and saving.