Enabling HTTPS for LibWizard pages
Admins have the ability of forcing all admin and public LibWizard pages to load over an HTTPS connection. This will ensure that all traffic and submissions will remain secure and private. We strongly recommend enabling this, as most web browsers will warn users that pages containing form fields are not secure when loaded over HTTP.
- Go to Admin > System Settings.
- Click on the Misc. Settings tab.
- Select the Load Site in HTTPS checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
Important note about standalone tutorials
When HTTPS is enabled, all external content displaying in tutorial slides must also be loading over HTTPS. That's because browsers will not load any non-secure content contained on a secure page (this is called mixed content).
To ensure that your content displays, please check each tutorial for the following content:
- Websites: check the URL of the website. If it begins with http://, then it will not display. Try changing that to https:// instead. As long as the website supports HTTPS, then the site should display in your tutorial.
- Embedded Media: check the source URLs for your embedded content. Any content with a source beginning with http:// will not display. Try changing those URLs to https:// instead. As long as the provider supports HTTPS for those files, then the content should display.
Your LibGuides, as well as uploaded images and files, will display over HTTPS automatically.