Before a staff member can access the Pickup Manager interface, they must first have a user account in your LibAnswers system.
- Admin-level users in your LibAnswers system will, by default, be Admin-level users in Pickup Manager. These are users who can configure Pickup Manager settings, set up branch locations for pickups, and manage scheduled pickups for all branches.
- Regular-level users in your LibAnswers system cannot access Pickup Manager until an Admin user has added them to one or more branches. When adding a Regular-level LibAnswers user to a branch, they can be given one of the following access levels:
- Admin: these users can configure settings, control user access, and manage pickups for that branch only. This does not give the user access to other branches or to Pickup Manager system settings.
- Regular: these users are limited to managing pickups for that branch. They cannot access any branch or Pickup Manager system settings.
Admin-level users can add, edit, and delete users from within either Pickup Manager or LibAnswers. You can view and edit a Regular-level user's branch access when creating or editing their account.
Access account settings in Pickup Manager
Navigate to Pickup Manager by clicking on the blue Spring-To menu and selecting Pickup Manager from your list of sites.
System-level Admin users can view and manage all accounts by clicking on the Settings menu and selecting Accounts from the dropdown.
Add a new account
To add a new LibAnswers user account in Pickup Manager:
- Under the Accounts tab, click on the Create an Account button.
- On the Create Accounts page, enter the email address of the user you want to add in the Login/Email field and click the Look-up Account button.
- If an existing LibApps account for that email address was found, it will be added. As a result, you will not need to provide a First Name or Last Name for the new account.
- Otherwise, a new LibApps account will be created. You will need to enter the user's First Name and Last Name to be used with this account.
- Please note: Once a LibApps account is created, only the user or a LibApps admin will be able to change the user's name and email address.
- In the Nickname field, you can enter an optional alias that displays while chatting with patrons in LibChat.
- The user can always add or edit a nickname in the future.
- From the User Level dropdown, select the permissions you want to give the new user.
- Admin users can create content, edit all content in the system, and manage system settings & customizations. They have access to all ticket queues, FAQ groups, and chat departments.
- Regular users can create and edit FAQs in assigned groups, reply to tickets in assigned queues, and monitor chats in assigned departments. Ideal for most general users.
- Reader users have read-only access to the public pages of Internal and Restricted Internal FAQ groups. These users cannot access the admin side of LibAnswers.
- Ref. Analytics Only users can only add, view, and analyze transactions in your Reference Analytics datasets. This is helpful if you want certain users (such as student assistants) to record transactions, but not have access to other areas of LibAnswers.
- Use the Profile Image to select whether the user's LibApps profile image or a generic image should display as the user's avatar in LibChat.
- The user can always change this later.
- If you would like to set the user's initial email signature, which can be included on outgoing ticket replies, enter it in the Email Signature text box.
- The user can always add or change their signature later.
- Please note: Depending upon a queue's email signature settings, the user's signature not be used.
- Use the Default Analytics Instance dropdown to select the user's default Reference Analytics dataset.
- This is the dataset that will be selected by default when the user adds and views transactions.
- The user can always change this later.
- Use the Default Dashboard View to select the view applied to the LibAnswers dashboard when the user first logs in (this doesn't affect the Pickup Manager dashboard).
- This can determine which tickets they see first, but they can always change it.
- The user can always switch default views later.
- Use the Enable LibChat option to control whether or not this user will be able to access and use LibChat.
- Enabled: The user will be able to log in to LibChat. If this is an Admin, they will also have access to LibChat settings.
- Disabled: The user will not be able to log in to LibChat. If this is an Admin, they will also be prevented from accessing LibChat settings.
- If LibChat has been enabled for this user, use the LibChat Departments dropdown to select which chat department(s) this user will be allowed to monitor.
- Under the Queue Access section, use the dropdowns to select which ticket queues the user will have access to and at what permission level.
- No Access: the user cannot view or answer tickets in the queue.
- Regular: the user will be able to view and answer tickets in the queue.
- Admin: in addition to viewing and answering tickets, the user can also manage the queue's settings.
- Under the Group Access section, use the dropdowns to select which FAQ groups the user will have access to and at what permission level.
- No Access: the user cannot add or edit FAQs in this group.
- Editor: the user can add and edit FAQs in this group.
- Admin: in addition to adding and editing FAQs, the user can also manage the group's settings and pages.
- Under the Branch Access section, use the dropdowns to select which Pickup Manager branches the user will have access to and at what permission level.
- No Access: the user cannot view, add, or manage pickup tickets for this branch.
- Editor: the user can add, view, and manage pickup tickets for this branch.
- Admin: in addition to adding and editing pickup tickets, the user can also manage the branch's settings and user access.
- When finished, click the Create Account button. The user will receive an email notification with a link to sign in to your LibAnswers system.
Edit or delete an account
Under the Accounts tab:
- Click on a user's edit () icon in the Actions column to edit that user's account information, permissions, and other settings.
- Note: Regular users with admin access to a branch can add, edit, and remove user access to that branch in its settings.
- To remove a user, click on their trash can () icon in the Actions column.
- You will be prompted to reassign that user's data to another user.
- If you would prefer to not reassign the user's data, but prevent that user from logging into LibAnswers, edit their account and change their permission level to Inactive.
- To reactivate an inactive user's account, click on their refresh () icon in the Actions column.