Create and manage Reference Analytics datasets
With Reference Analytics you can:
- Track questions asked regardless of user location or library service:
- In Person
- IM (chat)
- SMS (text message)
- Every other way you provide assistance
- Define the data you want to track: location, patron type, question type, or whatever data is important to your library!
- Use multiple datasets to track everything important in your library! Track one set of data for reference stats, another set for circulation, another set for programming, another for archives, and/or whatever else you want to track!
- Go beyond Tick Sheets and effortlessly analyze your data from many angles.
- Gather valuable data about how questions are answered and tie it to the actual question and answer. Instead of just knowing how many reference questions were answered at the reference desk, know what the questions were, what time of day they were asked, and who asked them. This helps you target/refine other materials and services toward that group of users.
- Gather reference statistics and build your LibAnswers knowledge base simultaneously. Better insight into data and a robust knowledge base leads to better service, a more useful web site, and improved library services!
- Know at a glance what your busiest days/times are for answering questions, where most questions are being asked, how they are asked, etc. and then make more informed staffing decisions.
Each LibAnswers system allows for the creation of 5 datasets (contact the Sales team to increase your subscription allowance) that you can set up to record transactions. As you prepare to create a new dataset, you should take steps to plan out exactly what data you want to record and collect because once you've started collecting transactions you're limited to what changes you can make to the dataset.
- Creating a Reference Analytics dataset
Learn about the steps involved in creating a new dataset.
- Configuring an existing dataset
Learn about what you can (and cannot) change in a dataset that you have already set up.
- Managing your datasets
Learn about managing all of your datasets.
- Managing your pre-defined questions
Learn about creating pre-defined questions for your datasets to help streamline the transaction recording process.
New transactions can be recorded from a variety of locations within LibAnswers:
- Adding a reference analytics transaction
Learn the basics or recording transactions.
- How to automatically prompt users to add chats and tickets to Reference Analytics
Learn how admins can set up prompts for recording transactions after tickets and chats.
- How to add a chat to Reference Analytics
Learn how to record transactions from a chat interaction.
Once you've started recording transactions, you can analyze/view a variety of statistics for them. Including: