Managing links, files, and media assets in your LibAnswers tickets and FAQs
Along with your answer texts for FAQs and tickets, you can also add related files, links, and embedded media content (FAQs only) to provide additional details and content to your users. These assets can be managed independently of the tickets and FAQs to update links, adjust the files attached, etc.
From the Manage Assets page you can:
- View the ticket or FAQ the asset was added to.
- Edit or delete the link, file or media asset as needed.
- Search and replace links (and text) in the answer text and URL fields of your FAQs.
Admin users should go to Admin > Assets. For Regular users, go to Admin > Manage Content.
Manage link assets added to tickets and FAQs
There are three types of link assets in LibAnswers:
- FAQ More Info: these are links that were added to the Links tab of an FAQ.
- FAQ Embedded: these are links that were added to the text of an FAQ answer using the rich text editor.
- Ticket: these are links that were attached to a ticket reply.
FAQ Links (both types) and Ticket Links are managed on their own tabs on the Manage Assets page.
Search and replace text and link URLs in your LibAnswers FAQs
The Search & Replace Links tool allows you to search and replace text and link URLs added to your FAQ entries. This includes links added to the answer text of your public FAQs, as well as the URL field of links added to the Links tab of your public FAQs.
- Learn about using the search and replace tool
Remember that replacing text is permanent and cannot be undone. Please be sure to carefully review the search results before replacing any text.
Managing file assets added to tickets and FAQs
There are two types of file assets in LibAnswers:
- FAQ: these are files that were attached to the Files tab of an FAQ.
- Ticket: these are files that were attached to a ticket reply.
When you upload and attach a file, it will be retained on our servers until its associated FAQ or ticket is deleted.
Managing media assets added to FAQs
Media assets include media items embedded under the Media tab of an FAQ.