In This Article
Customizing your LibApps profile and account settings
Your LibApps account information (accessed from My Account on the command bar of the LibApps dashboard) is used to log into all Springshare tools licensed by your institution (LibGuides, LibAnswers, etc.) where you've been given access.
Your LibApps profile is used primarily for adding content to your profile box and page in LibGuides, though certain elements like the profile image are used in other tools where you have access. Additional customizations may be possible in the various other apps where profiles are used (LibCal, etc.).
From the My Account page, you can make changes to the email address, password, and name for your account; along with being able to see a summary of your account permissions (what tools you have access to and what ones you don't).
Additionally, from here you can also customize your title, nickname, email signature, and newsletter subscription preferences.
- How do I change my email address/account username?
- How do I change my account password?
- How do I update my first and/or last name in my account?
- How do I add/update my title in my account?
- Customizing your nickname
- Customizing your LibApps email signature
- How to manage your Springshare newsletter subscriptions
- Viewing a summary of your LibApps account permissions
From the My Profile page, you can make changes to the content displayed in your LibGuides profile box -- contact information, social media links, widgets (exs: LibChat, LibCal Appointments bookings, etc.).
Additionally, from here you can also customize (or disable) your profile page in LibGuides.
- Customize the title of your profile box
- Changing your profile image
Note: your profile image is also used as your LibChat profile image in LibAnswers.
- Customizing the contact information in your profile
- Adding social media links to your profile
- Adding social cataloging links to your profile
- Adding a LibAnswers or LibChat widget to your profile
- Embedding third-party widgets in your profile
- Adding a LibCal widget to your profile
- How to add or remove subjects from a profile
- Customizing your profile page