Add and manage LibCal user accounts
Before a user can organize events, offer appointments, or manage space and equipment bookings, they must first have a user account in your LibCal system. Any Admin user can create and manage user accounts by going to Admin > Accounts.
There are two types of account levels in LibCal: Admin and Regular. Although exact permissions vary by feature, they can be summarized as follows:
- Regular: this allows users to create and manage their own events, as well as manage space & equipment bookings. If enabled for their account, they can also offer and manage appointments.
- Admin: in addition to everything that Regular users can do, an Admin can also create and manage calendars, library & department hours, and all system settings.
Admin users can create and manage user accounts by going to Admin > Accounts. When creating or editing an account, you can:
- Set the user's account level to Regular or Admin
- Enable or disable Appointments for the user
- Add, change, or remove the user's LibCal profile image (this can be displayed on the public page for events they organize)
- Edit the optional text area that displays on their profile page
If the user already has a LibApps account when adding them to LibCal, then that existing account will be used. Otherwise, the a new LibApps user account will be created for that person. Once a user account has been created, however, please keep in mind that you cannot change its First Name, Last Name, or Email Address from within LibCal. That information can only be edited in the user's LibApps account by that user, or one of your LibApps Admin users.
- Create and manage LibCal user accounts
Learn how to create new users, edit user account settings, and delete users from LibCal. This also breaks down account permissions by module (e.g. Calendars, Spaces, etc.).
- Configure the default permissions for regular users
Learn how to set the default permissions for regular users' access to the Appointments Booking Explorer.
- Editing a user's email address, name, or password in LibApps
Learn how a LibApps Admin can change a user's name, email address, and/or password. Note that a LibCal Admin may not also have LibApps Admin permissions. You will be able to find a list of current Admins on your LibApps dashboard (click on the blue LibCal button in the navigation bar and select "LibApps").
- View a list of email addresses for all users, by account status
Learn how to access a list of email addresses for LibCal users, which you can use to copy and paste into your email app of choice for sending bulk messages to users.
The Appointments module allows patrons to easily schedule one-on-one appointments with staff. Your LibCal subscription will include a maximum number of users who can have the Appointments module enabled at one time. By default, new users will have Appointments disabled so you don't accidentally reach this limit when adding accounts. However, you can enable or disable this option at any time when creating or editing accounts.
For users who have Appointments enabled, Admins also have the ability to add and manage their availability times, scheduled appointments, and scheduler settings. This can be helpful, for example, if a staff member calls in sick and needs someone to cancel their appointments for the day.
- Enable or disable Appointments for a user
Learn how to turn Appointments on or off for a user account. This will also show you where to find your subscription limit and the number of Appointments users remaining.
- Manage another user's Appointments availability, appointments, and settings
Learn how to access and manage any user's Appointments module, including availability times, scheduled appointments, and settings.
Although only Admin users can create calendars, Regular users can be assigned different levels of permissions for adding and editing events. These permissions can be customized by calendar, so you could allow some users to add events to one calendar, but not another. A Regular user can also be assigned as a calendar's owner, as well. This will give the user full Admin permissions for that calendar, including the ability to add/edit all events and manage the calendar's settings.
In addition to controlling who can create events, you can also control who is allowed to publish them. By enabling the Publishing Workflow for a calendar, you can require all events to be reviewed by designated reviewers before they can be published. Both Admin and Regular users can be assigned as reviewers for any calendar. These users will be notified when events are pending review, at which point they can log into LibCal to review and publish or reject the proposed event.
- Customizing a calendar's permissions
Learn how to customize a calendar's permissions for Regular user accounts. This will determine whether they can add events, which events they are allowed to edit, or if they can only view (but not add/edit) events in the calendar. Permissions can be set for all Regular users at once, or you customize them user-by-user for more control.
- Changing a calendar's owner
Learn how to assign ownership of a calendar to another user. If you assign ownership to a Regular user, they will have full Admin permissions for that calendar.
- Enabling the publishing workflow for a calendar and reviewing events
Learn how to enable a calendar's Publishing Workflow, assign reviewers, and review & publish events.