Managing your LibStaffer system settings
Whether you're a brand new LibStaffer admin, or just need a refresher on managing system settings, this Springboard has you covered. Admin users can find the system settings by going Admin > System Settings. The following sections correspond to the different tabs available on the System Settings page, with the links below providing you more info on the available settings.
The first tab of the System Settings allows you to customize basic system information, date and time settings, time off settings, and LibCal synchronization.
- Customizing the name of your LibStaffer system
Learn how to change the name of your site.
- Customizing your institution name and URL
Learn how to change the name and URL of the institution-level details for your site.
- Changing the primary admin email address for your system
Learn how to set the primary admin email point of contact.
- Configuring your LibStaffer system's date and time settings
Learn how to set the time zone, date and time format, and which day the week should start on.
- Allowing regular users to submit their own time off requests
Learn how to enable time off request for regular users.
- Requiring admins to approve time off requests
Learn how to enable mediation for time off requests.
- Enabling admin notifications for pending time off requests
Learn how to enable notifications for time off approvals for admins.
- Enabling LibCal sync by default for all account holders
Learn how to activate the LibCal sync by default for your users.
- Enabling the Message Wall on the dashboard
Learn how to enable the Message Wall for your dashboard.
Look & Feel
The Look & Feel tab of the System Settings page allows you to add a custom banner image to your LibStaffer pages.
- Adding a banner image to your LibStaffer system
Learn how to upload, change, or remove your site's banner image.
The Access Rules tab of the System Settings page allows you to control who can access your LibStaffer system.
- Restricting access to LibStaffer by IP address
If you'd like to restrict access to LibStaffer to only those people within specific IP address ranges, you can add one or more IP access rules to your system. When you add an access rule, only users within the IP address range you specify will be able to view your site.
Admin Alert Box
The Admin Alert Box tab of the System Settings page is where you can add a custom dashboard message for all users to see. This is like having a bulletin board in the staff lounge -- when users sign into LibStaffer, they'll see the box at the top of the page, making it a great way to share news and announcements.
- Customizing the admin alert box on the LibStaffer dashboard
Learn how to customize the admin alert box for your site.
- Customize the privacy notification on your LibStaffer pages and widgets
Learn how to customize your site's privacy notification messages.