Manage your LibWizard system & language settings
In the LibWizard system settings and language settings, Admin users will find options for customizing the overall appearance of their LibWizard pages. This includes:
- Adding a site banner or HTML header to display at the top of public forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials.
- Customizing the default fonts and page colors of public pages.
- Setting a custom favicon.
- Displaying a privacy statement to users on public pages.
- Setting the format of dates and times.
- Customizing the default text and labels used throughout LibWizard.
In addition, subscribers to LibInsight Full (Quizzes & Tutorials) will also have the option of enabling LibAuth integration for their site. This gives you the option of requiring users to authenticate before viewing a form, survey, quiz, or tutorial.
Whether you're a brand new Admin or simply need a refresher, this Springboard will provide an overview of your LibWizard system & language settings and how to configure them. To get started, log into LibWizard and go to Admin > System Settings.
Admin users can upload a banner image or add a custom HTML header to display at the top of each form, survey, quiz, and tutorial. Although this will enabled by default for new forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials, content owners have the option to hide or change the header if desired.
Adding a page header can help you brand the pages that your users see, helping them better blend in with the rest of your library's sites and make it easier for users to identify LibWizard pages as belonging to your institution.
- Customizing the default page header
Learn how to upload a banner image or add custom HTML header code to display at the top of your public pages. The links below provide more info further customizing the header on individual forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials.
Look & Feel
In your Look & Feel settings, you'll be able to customize the fonts and page colors used in your public pages. Although this will enabled by default for new forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials, content owners have the option to customize the fonts and colors just for their content.
Also in these settings, you'll find an option to use a custom favicon. This is an image that displays next to the page title in browser tabs and bookmarks. If you'd prefer to use your library's favicon graphic instead of the default LibWizard icon, simply enter the URL of your .ico file and save.
- Customizing the default fonts and colors of public pages
Learn how to set the default font family, font colors, and page colors used in your public pages. The links below provide more info further customizing the fonts & colors on individual forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials.
- Adding a custom favicon
Learn how to change the favicon that displays in browser tabs & bookmarks.
Learn how to include custom CSS and JS code on all public pages. Below, you'll find more info about adding additional CSS code to individual forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials.
Learn how to control whether additional JS code can be added to individual forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials. When enabled, the links below will show you how to include JS code in individual forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials.
The optional data submission notification helps you alert your patrons to what personal information you collect. This gives you an opportunity to let your patrons know why you collect particular data on forms, what that data is used for, etc.
Although these are optional, it's becoming a best practice across many websites to include these types of notifications. In addition, depending upon your location it can help your library conform with GDPR or other applicable user privacy regulations.
- Customize the privacy and data submission notifications on your LibWizard pages
Learn how to enable and customize the privacy notifications on your public pages.
LibWizard provides additional options for customizing other aspects of the system, including:
- Encryption of submission data: although all LibWizard pages are already served over secure HTTPS connections, you have the option to also save user-submitted data in an encrypted format. This can be particularly important for complying with institutional or governmental rules & regulations.
- Date & time format: you can customize the format of dates and times as they appear throughout LibWizard.
- LibAuth integration: if you subscribe to LibWizard Full (i.e. Forms & Surveys + Quizzes & Tutorials), you can enable LibAuth integration. This allows content owners to require user authentication before submitting forms, surveys, quizzes, or tutorials.
- Interested in upgrading to LibWizard Full? Contact the Springy Sales Team for details.
- Enabling encryption for all user-submitted data
Learn how to enable saving all user-submitted data in an encrypted format.
- Customizing the system date format and system time format
Learn how to customize the format of dates and times throughout LibWizard.
- Enable the LibAuth integration for your LibWizard system (full version only)
Learn how to enable LibAuth integration with LibWizard. This requires first creating one or more LibAuth configurations in your LibApps system settings. Once enabled, the links below will show you how to require authentication for individual forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials.
Admin users can customize many of the default labels and text used throughout LibWizard's public pages. This includes:
- Buttons and prompts, such as the Submit button or "Make a selection" placeholder text in dropdown fields.
- Messages, such as the "Your grade is..." text for graded quizzes and tutorials.
- Warning messages, such as "This field is required".
You can find all of these options under Admin > Language Settings.
- Customizing the LibWizard language settings
Learn how to customize the default text and labels of your public pages.