Add and manage LibWizard user accounts & permissions
Before users can begin creating their own forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials, they first need to have an account in your LibWizard system. Admin users can create and manage all accounts via the Admin > Accounts page.
In this Springboard, you'll learn all you need to know about:
- Adding new user accounts to LibWizard
- Managing user accounts
- Managing a user's permission to individual forms, surveys, quizzes, & tutorials
If you are a Regular-level user looking for info about editing your own account's information, such as your name, email address, or password, check out our Springboard about customizing your LibApps profile and account settings.
There are two ways you can add users to LibWizard:
- Create individual accounts: you can manually create accounts one at a time. If an email address is already associated with a LibApps user account, then that account will be used. Otherwise, this will allow you to create a brand new LibApps user account from scratch.
- Import existing LibApps accounts: you can also bulk import users who already have LibApps user accounts at your institution.
Each user account has a permission level that determines what the user is allowed to do in the system. These include:
- Regular users are able to create and edit their own content. They can also view and edit forms, surveys, quizzes, and tutorials that they have been given permission to view and/or edit. Regular users do not have the ability to manage user accounts or system settings.
- Admin users can create new content, as well as edit all content in the system (public or private). They can also manage user accounts and system settings, as well.
When creating individual accounts, you can set the user's permission level on the spot. However, if you are importing accounts, they will initially be created as Regular-level users (you can edit individual accounts later on to change their permission level).
- Adding new user accounts to LibWizard
Learn how to add individual users or bulk import existing LibApps user accounts.
Within LibWizard, Admin users have two options for managing accounts:
- Editing an account's permission level
- Removing the account's access to LibWizard
When it comes to changing a user account's personal or login information, such as a user's name, email address, or password, this can only be done by a LibApps Admin (or by the user via their account settings). Because this account info is used across all of your Springshare apps, it is centrally managed in LibApps -- not LibWizard. Keep in mind that a user who has Admin access to LibWizard may not also have access to your library's LibApps settings. If that's the case, please reach out to your local LibApps Admin(s) for help.
- Editing and deleting user accounts in LibWizard
Learn how to edit a user's account level or remove their access from LibWizard.
- Editing a user's email address, name, or password in LibApps
Learn how to edit a user's general account information in LibApps (requires Admin-level access to LibApps).
Adjusting user permissions
While Admin-level users can edit and delete any form, survey, quiz, or tutorial, Regular-level users have more restricted access. By default, a Regular user can only edit and delete the content that they own. In order to view or edit content owned by other users, they must be given permission -- either by the content's owner or by an Admin user. These permissions are assigned on an item-by-item basis, so a user could be given view-only access to one survey but view and edit access to another.
The following articles provide an overview of how to change a form, survey, quiz, or tutorial's permissions, and the effect each permission level has on a user's access to that content:
- How to change a form's view and edit permissions
- How to change a survey's view and edit permissions
- How to change a quiz's view and edit permissions
- How to change a tutorial's view and edit permissions
Reassigning content ownership
It's also possible to reassign ownership of a form, survey, quiz, or tutorial to another user. This can be done either by the current owner of the content, or by and Admin user. When ownership is reassigned, the new owner will have full access to the form, survey, quiz, or tutorial -- meaning they can edit or delete it and its submission data. The former owner will lose access to it, unless they've been given View or Edit permission (or they are an Admin-level user).
- Changing ownership of a form
- Changing ownership of a survey
- Changing ownership of a quiz
- Change the owner of a tutorial