In This Article
Setting up SMS automatic keywords for your queue
To access a queue's SMS settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > SMS tab.
SMS Automatic Keywords allow your users to text a word or phrase to your SMS number and immediately receive a text with relevant information. For example, if someone texts the word "hours" to your SMS number, they could receive a text listing your library hours. Or if they text "location, they could receive a text with your library's street address.
To create a new automatic keyword:
- Click the Add New Keyword / Term button.
- On the Add/Edit SMS Keyword modal, in the Keyword / Term field, enter the keyword or phrase that will trigger this response to be sent.
- Enter the message you want to send to the patron (up to 150 characters) in the Responder sms1 field.
- If you'd like to also send a second message (giving you an additional 150 characters), enter it in the Responder sms2 field.
- Save your changes.
If you ever need to change an automatic keyword:
- Click on the Edit () icon to modify the keyword or messages.
- Click on the Delete () icon to remove the keyword.