Every so often you may need to make the same change to a whole bunch of tickets. You need to close out a number of open tickets, add a tag to a group of new tickets that came in from an outage, or send the same message out to several patrons who want to know more about a new service you're offering. Rather than going through every ticket one-by-one-by-one, admin account holders (and regular accounts with queue-level admin permissions) can make bulk updates to tickets right from the dashboard or Knowledge Base Explorer!
- To select multiple tickets, click on the checkbox in the Id column for each ticket.
- Or, select all tickets on the page by clicking the Toggle All on Page checkbox.
- Choose what bulk action you want to make from the Action dropdown.
- Select (when necessary) any additional options related to the bulk action you're making, then click the Apply button to complete the bulk action.
- Note: You'll see these additional options and the Apply button after selecting an action.
Bulk update options include:
- Apply Macro
- Select and apply a macro to all selected tickets.
- Add Tag
- Apply the same tag in bulk.
- Delete all of your unneeded tickets all at once.
- Remove Tag
- Remove a tag that is no longer needed.
- Change Status
- Alter the status of each selected ticket.
- Mark as Spam
- Quickly send any spam that made it through the filters to the Spam tab.
- Note: Mark as Spam action is not available from the Knowledge Base Explorer.