If you tend to leave the LibAnswers dashboard open throughout the day while you can multitask on other things, you can use the Stand-by Alerts feature to notify you whenever a new ticket arrives. That way, you'll know when it's time to switch focus back to LibAnswers to reply to patrons.
Enable stand-by alerts
- At the top of the dashboard, locate the Stand-by Alerts status and click the OFF link.
- Browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari will then prompt you to allow notifications from your LibAnswers site. You'll want to allow these notifications in order to receive alerts from LibAnswers.
- Chrome, Firefox, and Safari will display this alert underneath the URL bar.
- Edge will display this alert at the bottom of the window.
- After enabling notifications in your browser, click OK in the LibAnswers prompt.
- The Stand-by Alerts status will now indicate that alerts are turned on. As long as you leave the dashboard page open in a browser tab, you'll receive alerts when new tickets arrive.
Disable stand-by alerts
Stand-by alerts need to be disabled from within the browser's settings. For example, in Chrome, click on the icon you see to the left of the URL. From that menu, you can change the Notifications settings for LibAnswers.