In the Systems Status Management (SSM) tool, a product represents a system, space, service, or really anything for which you want to provide status updates. Each product you create will:
- Appear on your public and internal System Status dashboards
- Display its own status and posts
- Have its own customizable widget to provide point-of-need help
- Be assigned its own unique product tag, which will be used to identify all tickets submitted via that product's widget
Although Admin users can add and manage products, regular users must first be given Editor or Admin access to the SSM tool.
- Go to Admin > Systems Status Management.
- Under the Products tab, click on the Add a Product button.
- In the Add/Edit Product window, enter the name for your product in the Name field. This will be used to identify it throughout LibAnswers.
- Optionally, you can enter a web address for the product in the URL field. This will display on the product's page in your dashboards.
- Optionally, you can assign the product to a folder. From the Folder dropdown, select the folder you want to use, or select None if you do not want to add it to a folder.
- Folders allow you to organize similar products on your dashboards. For example, you could have a folder for article databases, another for streaming media platforms, etc.
- When a user clicks on a folder, they'll see the list of products inside it.
- Not seeing any folders here? Admins can create them under Admin > Systems Status Management > Settings.
- Optionally, you can enter details about the product in the Description text box. This will display on the product's page in your dashboards.
- Click the Save button.
To manage the products you've added to the Systems Status Management tool:
- Go to Admin > Systems Status Management. Under the Products tab:
- Use the Search box to filter the list of products by ID, Product Name, or Folder.
- Use the pagination buttons to browse between multiple pages of products.
- Click on a column heading to sort by that column in ascending order. Click on it again to sort in descending order.
- To view a product's internal dashboard page, click on its link in the Product Name column.
- To quickly change a product's status, use the dropdown in the Product Status column. You will be prompted to add an optional post explaining the change.
- If posts have been added to a product, click on its link in the Posts column to view them in your internal dashboard.
- To edit a product's name, URL, folder, and/or description, click on its edit () icon in the Actions column.
- To configure a product's widget, click on its list () icon in the Actions column.
- To delete a product, click on its trash can () icon in the Actions column.
- USE CAUTION: this will permanently delete the product, its widget, its posts, and its product tag from your system and cannot be undone.
- If the product's widget is in use on a page, it will no longer display.