Viewing and voting on product ideas
Once published, patrons can view and vote on ideas via the product's dashboard page. You can link to your public systems status dashboard by adding /systems/ to your LibAnswers URL (e.g. https://springylib.libanswers.com/systems/). (If you are an Admin user, you can also click on the View Public Dashboard button on the Admin > Systems Status Management page.)
- From the public dashboard (or dashboard widget), click on a product name to vote on it.
- Or, if products are organized in folders, first click in a folder to view the products inside it. Then, click on a product name.
- Click on the Ideas tab.
- Each idea will show you the current vote tallies.
- If an idea displays a Completed badge, that means the idea's status has been changed from "Published" to "Completed". This can help indicate to patrons when an idea has been implemented.
- Click on the View Comments button to view comments submitted by other patrons about this idea.
- To vote on an idea, click on its Add your vote button.
- In the Vote On window, choose your voting option: Vote Up if you like it, or Vote Down if you don't.
- Optionally, you can provide a comment to provide feedback or add context to your vote. This will display anonymously to the public.
- Enter your email address. This is not displayed publicly.
- Click the Submit button.