After Ref. Analytics transactions have been recorded, you can utilize the Analyze Metadata report to provide you with key metrics about values that were selected for each metadata field within the dataset. Additional statistics reports can be run for date/time, user stats, and cross tabs to dig further into the details of your transactions.
To get started, select Statistics from the Ref. Analytics dropdown.
Filter your statistics
To more easily view statistics for specific transactions, you can use the filters at the top of the page.
- Switch to Dataset: select the dataset you want to view and click the Go button.
- Question/Answer: use this field to filter by keywords in a transaction's question or answer.
- Internal Note: use this field to filter by keywords in a transaction's internal note.
- Entered by: use the field to filter transactions by the user that answered/submitted them. Select "View All" to include transactions answered by any user.
- READ scale: use this field to filter transactions to a specific value in the READ scale. Select "View All" to include transactions with any (or no) value set. (Note: some datasets may not have the READ scale enabled.)
- Dataset-specific metadata fields: use these fields to filter the transactions based on the metadata values from the dataset. (This will vary by dataset.)
- Time Period and To: use these date fields to filter transactions by their submission dates, using the Time Period field to specify a start date and the To field to specify an end date.
- Limit by Day: use this field to filter tickets based on the day of the week they were asked on. Select "All Days" to include tickets from the entire week.
- Limit by Time between and And: use this field to filter transactions based on the time of day the transaction was submitted, using the Limit by Time between field to specify a starting hour and the And field to specify an ending hour.
- To apply your filters, click the Filter button.
- To reset all fields to default, click the Clear Filter link.
View your Analyze Metadata statistics
After filtering, you will be able to view a report for each metadata field in the dataset and the READ scale. Giving you a value-by-value count for the field and a bar chart breaking down the selections for the field.
Your Dates & Times transaction statistics provide you with key metrics about when transactions are submitted -- including monthly, daily and hourly breakdowns.
After filtering, you will be able to view the following reports:
- Monthly Breakdown: view a month-by-month report of transactions.
- Daily Distribution: view a day-by-day report of the day of the week that transactions are submitted on..
- Hourly Distribution: view an hour-by-hour report for the hour of the day that transactions are submitted on.
- Daily/Hourly Distribution Table: view hourly transaction distributions for each day of the week in the time period selected.
Your User Stats transaction statistics provide you with key metrics about who is answering your reference transactions.
After filtering, you will be able to view a breakdown of what users are submitting transactions in the dataset. Note that only users with one or more answers will be listed.
- To export the currently filtered statistics reports, click the Export tab.
- Click on the Export Statistics button. This will generate and download a CSV containing only the data tables from the Date & Times, Analyze Metadata, and User Stats reports.
The Cross Tab Report allows you to compare the responses between two metadata fields within the same reference analytics dataset.
This is an easy way to see the relationship between two fields within a dataset. Each field analysis is displayed in a data table that can also be exported.
To generate a cross tab report:
- Go to Ref. Analytics > Cross Tab Report.
- Select the dataset to run the report on from the Dataset dropdown.
- Select the first field for the report from the Rows dropdown.
- Select the second field from the Columns dropdown.
- Apply any additional filters for the report.
- Click the Create Cross Tab button.
- Click on the Export Statistics button to export the report.
If you applied any filters, only those filtered records will be reflected in the analysis.