Monitoring departments and queues
After you sign into LibChat, you'll be taken to the LibChat dashboard in a new window. This is where you will monitor your departments and start chatting with patrons.
Departments and queues you're monitoring
- All of the departments that you are assigned to will be listed under the Departments heading of the Internal Chat section on the Chats tab -- to allow you to initiate internal chats with those departments.
- If your status is Online or Internal, departments you're a member of will be marked with a green dot -- .
- If your status is Offline, departments you're a member of will be marked with a red dot -- .
- Use the Status and Set Away toggles to quickly change your availability for all departments and queues.
- Offline: you appear offline to both internal logged in operators and to outside users. You will receive no chat requests or ticket notifications in the console.
- Internal: other chat operators can see you as online and can request chats with you, but to outside users you appear offline. This will set your monitoring of public departments and queues to offline; you will still be available for internal department chats.
- Online: you will receive internal chats, public chats, and ticket notifications from queues you're monitoring.
- Set Away: you can use this status to indicate that you are online, but temporarily away from your computer.
- Chat departments you belong to will still show as online. However, if everyone monitoring a department is set as away, patrons will see the widget's "Away" message to let them know you're temporarily away. This will also silence your chat notifications.
- If you set yourself as away while already chatting with a patron, their replies will not trigger a sound alert.
- Other operators will see you as "Away", but it will not affect internal chats.
- Once you are back in action, uncheck the Set Away option to disable it.
- To view a list of all users assigned to a department, along with their online status, click on its Members button.
Selecting the departments and queues to monitor
Under the Settings tab, you will be able to choose which departments and queues you want to monitor. In addition, this is also where you can turn LibChat notifications on and off.
Under the Departments section, you can choose which departments you want to monitor. Click the status toggle next to each department to turn it online or offline.
- Online: you are currently monitoring the department and will be able to view and claim new patron chats.
- Offline: you are not currently monitoring the department. You will not see new patron chats as they arrive. If your operator status is set to Offline or Internal, all departments will be set to Offline automatically.
Under the Queues section, you can choose which queues you want to monitor for new tickets. Click the status toggle next to each queue to enable or disable ticket notifications.
- Notify: you are currently monitoring the queue and will be able to view and claim new tickets from the dashboard. You will receive a notification for each new ticket in that queue.
- Don't Notify: you are not currently monitoring the queue. You will not receive a notification for each new ticket in that queue. If your operator status is set to Offline or Internal, all queues will be set to Don't Notify automatically.