In This Article
Add and manage FAQ entries in your 24/7 Staffing group
To help co-op staff answer questions from your institution's patrons, they will be able to search your library's FAQs right from within LibChat. These will include:
- FAQs from all public groups. Any FAQ group with Public/Open availability can be searched. Hidden, Internal, and Restricted Internal groups cannot be searched by co-op staff.
- FAQs in your 24/7 Staffing group. This is a special group that can only be searched by co-op staff, allowing you to share information about your local policies, collections, e-resources, facilities, etc.
Although the process of adding and editing FAQs within this group are the same as any other, there are a few differences to keep in mind:
- Only your library's Admin users can add, edit, or delete FAQs in this group. User access cannot be extended to Regular users.
- FAQs in this group will not display to the public. They are only searchable by co-op staff from within the LibChat dashboard.
- Because this group is not publicly viewable, there are no options for customizing look & feel, pages, or language options. You can only customize the group's name.
- Each site has only one 24/7 Staffing group. If you belong to more than one co-op, members from each co-op would search this same group.
Managing your 24/7 Staffing group
The 24/7 Staffing group will be listed along with your other groups under Admin > FAQ Groups. This group cannot be deleted, but it can be renamed if you'd like.
- To easily find this group, just look for "24/7 Staffing" in the Access Level column of the Manage FAQ Groups page.
- To quickly view all FAQs assigned to the group, click on its # questions link. This will take you to the Knowledge Base Explorer: FAQ Entries page, displaying the group's FAQs.
- To rename the group, click on its edit () icon in the Actions column.
Adding FAQs to the 24/7 Staffing group
Adding FAQs to your 24/7 Staffing group is no different than adding FAQs to your other groups: just select your 24/7 Staffing group from the Group dropdown. To learn more about creating and publishing FAQs, see our How to create, edit, and manage FAQ entries springboard.
What should I add to my 24/7 Staffing group?
- Library policies (i.e. loan periods; fines & fees; library card applications; acceptable use; privacy)
- How to access e-resources from offsite
- Library floor plans, hours, and staff directory
- Links to popular resources, LibGuides, style manuals, etc.
- Overview of library collections and facilities (and how to access them)
- How to borrow, request, renew, or return resources
- Key facts about the library and surrounding community
- Information about special programs, assignments, or courses involving the library