To help co-op staff answer questions from your institution's patrons, they will be able to search your library's FAQs right from within LibChat. These will include:
- FAQs from all public groups. Any FAQ group with Public/Open availability can be searched. Hidden, Internal, and Restricted Internal groups cannot be searched by co-op staff.
- FAQs in your 24/7 Staffing group. This is a special group that can only be searched by co-op staff, allowing you to share information that shouldn’t be shared with patrons, like login credentials for co-op librarians to access your proprietary databases in order to assist your patrons, special alerts, or instructions for co-op librarians, etc.
Although the process of adding and editing FAQs within this group are the same as any other, there are a few differences to keep in mind:
- Only system-level Admin users can add, edit, and delete FAQs in the 24/7 Staffing group.
- FAQs in this group will not display to the public. They are only searchable by co-op staff from within the LibChat dashboard.
- Because this group is not publicly viewable, there are no options for customizing look & feel, pages, or language options. You can only customize the group's name.
- Each site has only one 24/7 Staffing group. If you belong to more than one co-op, members from each co-op would search this same group.
- If you are using a LibAnswers Shared Group System, each group member will have its own separate Group Member Policy FAQs. When a chat widget is assigned a group member affiliation, that group's policy FAQs will be used instead of your system's 24/7 Staffing group.
Manage your 24/7 Staffing group
The 24/7 Staffing group will be listed along with your other groups under Admin > FAQ Groups. This group cannot be deleted, but it can be renamed if you'd like.
- To easily find this group, just look for "24/7 Staffing" in the Access Level column of the Manage FAQ Groups page.
- To quickly view all FAQs assigned to the group, click on its # questions link. This will take you to the Knowledge Base Explorer: FAQ Entries page, displaying the group's FAQs.
- To edit the group's name and select a default policy FAQ, click on its edit () icon in the Actions column.
Your 24/7 Staffing group's default policy FAQ is what co-op staff will see initially when chatting with your institution's patrons. When you join the service, a standardized Group Member Policy FAQ will be created for you. To make changes to your Default Policy FAQ, please submit the Content for Default Policy FAQ request form.
Add FAQs to your 24/7 Staffing group
Adding FAQs to your 24/7 Staffing group is no different than adding FAQs to your other groups: just select your 24/7 Staffing group from the Group dropdown. To learn more about creating and publishing FAQs, see our How to create, edit, and manage FAQ entries springboard.
What should I add to my 24/7 Staffing group?
The 24/7 Staffing FAQ should contain any for-librarian-eyes-only information that would be helpful to the co-op librarians assisting your patrons, that you do not want to be shared with patrons or shared in a public FAQ.
Any information that is already in a public FAQ, or could be included in a public FAQ (like loan periods; library card policies; fees; links to your LibGuides, databases, or collections; etc.), does not need to be in the 24/7 Staffing FAQ group.
Examples of the kind of information appropriate to put in your 24/7 Staffing FAQ group:
- Proprietary database login information (username and password) for co-op librarians to use in order to assist your patrons.
- Any special instructions or alerts about your library or library collections that the co-op librarians might need to know.
- Common or recurring assignments and associated instructions for librarians.
- Any policy or library information that you don't already have in any public FAQs, or can't be added to public FAQs for privacy reasons.