By default, only Admin-level users can add or remove a user from a group in a shared group system. However, Admins have the ability to designate Regular-level users as Admins just for their group. Regular users with this permission will be able to:
- Add, view, and manage their group's policy FAQs
- Leave feedback on transcripts for chats originating from their group's widget(s) that were answered by a co-op
- Delete transcripts for chats originating from their group's widget(s)
- Create new accounts for their group only
- Edit accounts belonging to their group
- Note that group Admins can make other Regular users group Admins -- but cannot make them system-level Admins.
- Group Admins also cannot add or move users to other groups.
- Delete accounts belonging to their group
Adding Group Admin permission for a Regular user
- When creating a new user account, or editing an existing one, select the Group Admin checkbox below the Group Member Affiliation dropdown.
- If you also want this user to be able to add/edit policy FAQs for their group, scroll down to the Group Access section of the page and assign them Editor or Admin permission for that group.
- Editor permission allows a user to add and edit their own FAQs in the group.
- Admin permission allows a user to also edit and delete all FAQs in the group, not just their own.
- Save your changes.
How can I tell which users are Group Admins?
When browsing the Admin > Accounts page, each Group Admin user will display "(Admin)" in the Group Member column.