Customizing the Library LTI Page: Column Content
When the Automagic LTI Tool has been added to a course, users may see the Library LTI Page when:
- Multiple guide and/or course matches were found (one of each; multiple of one/both)
- Neither guide nor course matches are found (unless you've chosen to display a specific guide instead in the Content Display Behavior options)
- Only a subject match is found
- You've opted to display the Library LTI page even when a single matching guide is found in the Content Display Behavior options
In addition to displaying links to matching guides, the Library LTI Page can also include selected content from your LibGuides, LibAnswers, and/or LibCal systems. This provides students with easy access to your A-Z Database List, LIbCal bookings & appointments, LibAnswers FAQs, and LibChat -- all embedded right within the LMS course.
Customizing the content columns
The Library LTI Page is divided into two columns. By default, any matches to guides or courses will automatically appear at the top of the left hand column. The rest of the items can be customized to display or not, as you wish. They will always appear in the order listed in the options (you cannot rearrange the content). If you do not have LibCal or LibAnswers, just leave those sections set to "Do not display".
- Navigate to LibApps and go to Admin > LTI Tool Builder.
- Click on the LTI Automagic tab.
- Click on the Library LTI Page Builder panel to expand it.
- Use the Left Column Content options to customize what content displays in the first column.
- LibGuides AZ List: When selected to display, this displays a link to your Databases A-Z page on your LibGuides site. If you're using the translation table and there's a subject associated with the course, it'll automatically narrow to that subject. The page opens within the LMS frame, so the student never leaves their course site!
- LibCal Room Booking Widget: If you have LibCal and are using the legacy Room Bookings module (instead of the new Spaces module), you can set a widget to display that allows students to book rooms (from a single group of rooms) right from their course site! Just select the group from the dropdown.
- LibCal Space Booking Widget: If you have LibCal and are using the upgraded Spaces module (instead of Room Bookings), you can display a widget that allows students to book your spaces right from within their course page. Just select the space category from the dropdown menu.
- NOTE: if you migrated from Room Bookings to Spaces, you will need to set the Room Bokings widget to "Do Not Display" and use the Spaces widget instead.
- LibCal Appointment Scheduler Widget: If you have LibCal, you can set a widget to display that allows students to book appointments with librarians right from their course site! Just select your LibCal site from the dropdown.
- LibAnswers Search Box: If you have LibAnswers, you can select a search box widget from your site to display at the bottom of the left column.
- User the Right Column Content options to customize what content displays in the second column.
- LibCal Library Hours Widget: If you have LibCal, you can display the "Today's Hours" widget! Just select your site from the dropdown.
- LibChat Widget: If you have LibAnswers, you can choose a LibChat widget to display - students can chat with you right from their course site! Select the appropriate widget from the dropdown.
- Subject Librarians Listing: If you'd like, you can choose to show librarian profiles from your LibGuides site (the one selected in the Target LibGuides System field). Choose to not display any profiles, display profiles from the related subject area (if using the Translation Table), or display all profiles.