Enable booking mediation for a space category
You can choose whether or not to mediate new booking requests. When enabled, designated staff must first approve a booking request before it can be confirmed. To enable mediation for a category:
- Go to Admin > Equipment & Spaces.
- Under the Manage Locations tab, find the location containing the category you want to move and click on its link in the Spaces column.
- Click on the category's Edit Category button.
- Under the General tab, set the Mediation option to Patron Bookings Require Manually Approval By Nominated Mediators.
- From the Who Can Mediate Bookings dropdown, select one or more staff members to serve as designated reviewers for bookings in this category.
- These users, in addition to any users designated as reviewers in the location's settings, are the only users who will be able to approve bookings in this category.
- Designated reviewers will receive email digests notifying them of bookings awaiting mediation.
- If you do no select any users, then all Regular and Admin accounts will be able to mediate bookings in this category (though email notifications will not be sent in this case).
- Click the Save Category Settings button.
You can disable mediation at any time by returning to this page and setting the Mediation option to Patron bookings are immediately confirmed. Once saved, all future bookings in this category will not require mediation.
However, please note that this will not automatically approve existing bookings still awaiting mediation. Those bookings will still require manual approval in order to be confirmed.