If your equipment category contains identical items (for example, you have 5 iPads), you can designate one as the main record and link the other four to it. This can help you avoid adding the same instructions, descriptions, images, etc. for each of those items. Instead, all you need to do is add that info to the main item record.
- Go to Admin > Spaces & Equipment.
- Under the Locations tab, find the location containing the category you want to move and click on its link in the Equipment column.
- Click on the item's edit () icon in the Action column.
- Under the General tab, use the Set as Main Item record options to either set the item as a main record, or link it to a main record.
- If you select Yes, this item will display in the public catalog's search results. A user will be able to click on this item to view the item's details, as well as its availability. The availability of every linked item will also be displayed.
- If you select No, this item will not display separately in the catalog. Rather, only its availability will display when viewing its main item record.
- If you selected No, use the Link Item to Main Record dropdown to select an available main item record to which to link it.
- When you link an item to a main item record, all of the fields listed under the linked item's Details tab will automatically reflect the info from the main item record.
- These fields will be disabled in all linked items; to make changes, you'll need to edit the main item record's details.
- Changes made to a main record will be reflected immediately in all of its linked items.
- Click the Save Settings button.
Unlinking item records
You can unlink an item at any time -- just change its Set as Main Item record option to Yes and save your changes. That will allow you to edit its details independently. However, please note that it will also be listed as a separate item in your catalog, as well.