How to sync your appointments to your Outlook calendar using the Azure OAuth 2 integration
With OAuth 2 calendar sync enabled in your LibCal Integrations settings, all users will have the option to sync their LibCal appointments with their Outlook calendars. Each user can choose to enable this by following the directions below.
- Log into LibCal and go to Appointments.
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- Under the Integrations tab, scroll down to the Outlook/Exchange Settings box and click the Authorize with Microsoft Account button.
- Don't see this option? A yellow alert message will indicate if OAuth 2 Authorization is not currently set up or enabled for your system. Please contact your LibCal admin for assistance, or use the legacy Password Authentication method.
- Note: if you were previously using the password authentication method, these settings will remain in place until you have enabled the OAuth 2 syncing method.
- You will be taken to the sign-in page for your Microsoft account. Enter your Outlook username and password to log in.
- When prompted, click Yes to grant permissions for the LibCal app to read your profile and write events to your calendar.
- These permissions are required in order for LibCal to create, edit, and delete events for your scheduled shifts.
- This only needs to be done once for your account, unless you revoke these permissions in your Microsoft account settings.
- You'll be taken back to your LibCal Outlook/Exchange settings. In the Outlook/Exchange Settings box, select the calendar to which you want to sync your shifts.
- If you would like LibCal to check your Outlook calendar to see when you're busy, set the Check Exchange/Outlook Busy Times option to Enabled.
- This can help you avoid being booked for appointments during times you have existing meetings or events on your Outlook calendar where you're shown as Busy, Tentative, Working Elsewhere, or Out of Office.
- For example, if you added availability times to your Appointments schedule from 12pm-4pm, but have a meeting on your Outlook calendar from 1pm-2pm, LibCal would not list the 1pm-2pm times on your public appointment booking page.
- Click the Save Calendar button.
- You can return to this page at any time to disable syncing. Simply click the Remove Authorization button and shifts will no longer be synced to your calendar.