Skip to Main Content
Create a new course
- Go to Content > E-Reserves.
- Under the Courses tab, click the Add Course button.
- Choose Create New Course from the dropdown.
- Under the General tab, you can customize the course's settings.
- Enter the course's number or other identifier in the Course Number field.
- Enter the course's name or title in the Course Name field.
- Select an instructor for the course from the Instructor dropdown. If the instructor has not yet been added, you can add a new one by selecting the Add New Instructor option.
- From the Term dropdown, select the corresponding term for the course. If you would like to make this course visible year round, then you can leave this field empty.
- Optionally, you can enter a brief description of the course in the Description field.
- Optionally, you can enter a password in the Password field to restrict access to the course. In order to view the course page, users will have to enter the password you provide.
- From the LibAuth Authentication Configuration, you can choose to require users to authenticate before they can view the course. This option can only be used if your LibApps admin has added one or more configurations to LibAuth.
- Optionally, enter any important enrollment information in the Enrollment field.
- Optionally, under the Subject Associations tab, you can associate the course with any of the subjects you have set up in your LibGuides system.
- These associations will allow your users to find/sort your courses by subject on the E-Reserves homepage.
- Optionally, under the Editors tab, you can assign additional users as editors for the course.
- Similar to guide editors, this will allow you to collaborate with other users on a particular course.
- Editors can customize the course page, as well as add, edit, and organize items in the course.
- Click Save.