View and export Guides statistics in LibGuides
The Guides report allows you to see a breakdown of views for your guides over time. You can limit your report to specific guides, all guides, or (if you have LibGuides CMS) groups of guides. There is also an option to filter your guides by status, as well, so you can view stats just for your published guides, if you like.
Each report can display either daily or monthly totals for each guide, with the option to break down each guide's stats by page. If you have LibGuides CMS, you can go one step further and see the referral sources for each page, as well. This can give you a better sense of where your traffic is coming from (e.g. from another guide, website, or search engine).
For each report, a view is counted anytime someone loads a page of your guide (including things like page refreshes). The total number of views for a guide consists of the total views for each individual page of that guide.
To run a report:
- Go to Statistics from the command bar.
- Click on the Guides tab.
- Select which guides to analyze.
- Select the "All Guides" option to view stats for every guide in your system.
- If you have LibGuides CMS, you can select one of your groups to view stats for all of the guides in that group.
- Under Guides I Created, you can quickly pick from any of the guides you own.
- Or, under All Guides, select from any other guide in your system.
- Select the desired Status filter.
- Choose "All Statuses " to view published, private, and unpublished guides.
- Or, choose "Unpublished", "Published", or "Private" to filter the report to only guides with those statuses.
- From the Date Grouping dropdown, select whether to display stats by day or by month.
- Use the Start Date picker to select the starting date for your report.
- Use the End Date picker to select the ending date for your report.
- Click the Run Report button.
- To export all records from your report, click on the Export All Records button and select the HTML or CSV output format.
- To break down a guide's stats by page, click on the Guide Name .
- If you have LibGuides CMS, click on the View Referrer URLs () button in the Views column to see the referral sources for that page's views.
- To view click stats for the assets in that guide, click on the Assets button.
- To return to the guide-level stats, click on the All Guides link.