Can I merge duplicate assets?
Merging assets is something the Springy Support team can help you with. Here's how it works in a nutshell:
- Download the spreadsheet template from the Links & Files section below.
- For each row of the spreadsheet, enter the ID number of the asset you want to keep in the "parent_id" column.
- Then, in the "child_ids" column, enter the ID number(s) of the asset(s) you want to merge into that parent asset.
- Please note: you can only merge assets of the same type (so you can merge a link into a link, but not a book into a link)
- Once you've finished the spreadsheet, send it to the Springy Support team and we'll run the merge for you.
- This will merge both the mappings and statistics of the child assets into the parent assets.
- The merge process will not delete the merged child assets; however, we can separately delete all of your unmapped assets if you'd like -- just let us know.