In This Article
Assigning editors to a guide
By default, Regular-level users cannot edit guides they do not own. If you want to collaborate on a guide with other Regular-level users, as well as Editor- and Collaborator-level users, you must add them as editors for that guide.
When someone is assigned as an editor to a guide, they can do everything the guide owner can, including:
- Adding, editing, and deleting content
- Customize the guide's subjects, tags, friendly URL, and type/group assignments
- Customize guide options, including metadata, layout, custom JS/CSS code, and tab/box options
- Change the guide's publication status
- Manage the guide's access restrictions (CMS only)
The only things they can't do are:
- Add or remove other guide editors
- Reassign ownership of the guide
- Delete the guide (keep in mind that they can still delete pages, boxes, and content items, however)
Adding editors to a guide
- While editing your guide, click on the Guide Information () button.
- Select Guide Editors from the dropdown.
- Click inside the Select Guide Editors field and select the user you want to add as an editor. Repeat to select additional editors. (Since Admin-level users can already edit each guide, you will only see Regular-, Editor-, and Contributor-level users listed.)
- If the user you want to add does not have an account in your system, no worries! Click on the Create a new editor-level account link and you can create a new account for them on the fly. (Remember: Editor-level users are only able to edit those guides to which they've been assigned -- they will not be able to create their own guides.)
- Click the Save button.
Removing a guide editor
- Repeat Steps 1-2 above, then click on the Delete () icon next to the name of the user you want to remove. Then save your changes.