Request an XML export of a guide
You can request an export of your guide in XML format, which is useful if you need to index your guide's content in a discovery layer or institutional repository. Because these files will appear as XML markup, they aren't ideal for making readable backups of your guides. Instead, we recommend creating an HTML backup of your guide.
- While editing your guide, click on the Guide Information () menu.
- Under BACKUP/EXPORT, select Request XML Export.
- The request will be queued up and a confirmation message will appear. Click the Close button to continue.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for your request to be processed by our server.
- You'll receive a notification email once your XML file is ready, with a link to the Data Exports page where you will be able to download it.
Downloading an XML export
Once you receive a notification that your XML export is ready:
- Go to Tools > Data Exports.
- The list of pending and completed exports will be found under the XML tab.
- Find your report and click on its Download () icon in the Actions column.