Restricting access to a guide with a password
Another way to restrict access to your guide is by requiring a password (a CMS-only feature). When a guide is password-restricted:
- Its contents will be indexed on the public side (unless it is an Internal guide type), but only folks who know the password will be able to access it.
- Its contents will also be reusable by any other guide authors in the system, unless you also set your Sharing Restriction to "No".
- This is guide level only - you cannot password protect individual pages or boxes. You can, however, put pages and boxes in "draft mode" to hide them.
- The password restriction applies to the public view of your guide; users will not be prompted for the password when editing the guide.
Adding access rules
- Edit your guide and click on the Edit Guide button (it will reflect the current status of your guide).
- Select Access Controls from the dropdown.
- In the Access Restrictions window, go to the Password tab.
- Enter a password into the Guide Password field.
- Click the Save button.
Once you've set a password, users will be prompted to enter a password before they can view your guide's content.
(If you happen to forget what you assigned as the password, just return here -- it will be displayed in the box.)
Editing and removing passwords
Repeat the steps above, but in Step 4:
- To change an existing password, just edit the current text.
- To remove a password, leave the field blank.